The Global Diversity Summit (GDS) in Commercial Real Estate seeks to increase the participation of minorities in commercial real estate. The annual meetings and recruiting events are major networking opportunities, with many influential commercial real estate professionals, recruiters, and employers in attendance. It is an outstanding chance to explore the opportunity for internships or permanent positions at prominent real estate companies such as Jones Lang LaSalle, Duke Realty, Wells Fargo, Cassidy Turley, and Wal-Mart, to name a few. Many of the participating firms are minority-owned businesses, such as MacFarlane Partners, UrbanAmerica, and Red Rock Global.
As part of our outreach effort, you are invited to apply to attend the Real Estate Recruiting Event. This year’s selected GDS Scholars will be offered the opportunity to interview for a job or internship. Additionally, all students selected as part of the 2015 GDS Scholar class will be entered into a scholarship competition valued at $5,000. More information on the Summit scholarship competition will be available upon your selection as a GDS Scholar. Additionally, as a selected GDS Scholar, you will be invited to each year’s Global Diversity Summit, have access to executive-level professionals in various aspects of the commercial real estate industry, and be part of a growing alumni network base.
To become a GDS Scholar, one must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate education program (submit a school-provided course schedule)
- Have at least a 3.0 grade point average (submit an unofficial transcript)
- Submit a professional resume describing your work experience and achievements
- Submit a response to the following:
- Demonstrate an interest in commercial real estate finance, development, construction, private equity, urban planning, design and/or sustainability.
- Discuss any unique experiences that differentiate you from your peers.
To be considered for early acceptance, please submit the above by May 15, 2015. Based on availability, any remaining applications will be considered up to September 21, 2015.
Note: Traveling stipend of $100 for in-state Scholars and $300 for out-of-state Scholars (receipts required)
Please submit your application and any questions, respectively to:
Scholars Chair, Dr. Clifford A. Lipscomb, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (770) 289-1923